Here is a full breakdown of the materials and items you’ll likely need for your upcoming clinical block.
Absolutely Needed for Your Clinical Block
- Short white lab coat
- AmeriClerkships ID badge (start a support case immediately if you don’t have this item 7 days prior to your start date).
- Stethoscope (for all specialties except pathology)
- Understanding dress code and professionalism: Click here
- Normal-lab-value reference card
- Pocket reference books as they relate to the specialty of your clinical block (and links to buy on Amazon. Make sure to get the latest versions. Also be sure to ask for your supervising attending’s permission if using a mobile phone for downloaded medical reference books):
Strongly recommended for all clinical blocks (except pathology and radiology)
Note: you may have any of these items delivered to your U.S. address in 24-72 hours through amazon.com:
- Eye chart
- Otoscope (or smartphone attachment)
- Ophthalmoscope (or smartphone attachment)
- Tuning fork (512 and /or 1028 Hz)
- Reflex hammer
- Calipers for ECG reading AND ECG summary card
- Index cards and /or patient summary sheets tracking vital signs and tests over hospital stays (where applicable)
Have administrative questions about your clinicals?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have technical questions about medical residency?
Register for ‘Dr. Mizani’s Office Hours’ by clicking here*
* Not valid for Clinicals Only Members